Sunday, May 22, 2005

Poem--On a Rainy Morning

The clime reflects my dreary life;
Nature with me seems to sympathise
And the elements, my woe to share.

The heavens know my heavy heart:
They are pouring forth the unshed tears
That lie lumped within my throat.

The clouds have spread a cloak of grey,
Hiding the bright glow of the day,
To match the darkness in my heart.

The winds are shrieking as my voice,
Though silence locks and chains my lips,
For the anguish in my soul.

The tempest raging all around
Making the earth shudder with thunder loud
Can but compare to the storm within.

Yet, as the rains bring life to earth,
Cleansing the air of dust and dirt,
Thus shall sorrow make me strong.

So when the clouds are blown away,
The sun harkens another day,
Wiser, stronger, I'll begin again.

1 Comments:

At May 23, 2005 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poem exemplifies the optimism the poet has shown.....As she says across,she is Ingenuously convinces the reader the rapport she has developed between herself and nature..she is successful in making the point clear that the present aura of nature is in empathy with her mental state..i doubt one thing , after the heavy downpour whether she is synonomously feeling delighted as the nature or she is finding relief in saying that gloomy nature was a prelude to a heavy rain and a clear atmosphere...if it is the former then it justifies the first line i have written....good piece of work fareen..keep on writing------


ajith aravind

 

Post a Comment

<< Home